POSITION: DATABASE ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Administrative Services
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree or higher, knowledge and use of SRS (SQL Reporting Services) required, experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, highly self motivated and directed; keen attention to detail; exceptional customer service orientation, Must have a positive, collaborative attitude; the ability to manage multiple priorities; proactive communication with superiors; Experience with Jenzabar and Infomaker preferred, demonstrated problem solving skills; and the ability to work well with all levels of personnel in the organization.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The design, documentation, testing, creation or modification of computer programs related to the support of multiple SQL servers on campus. An emphasis on customer service related to the users of SQL database products. Cooperation with other members of the IT team is essential for overall productivity.
- Developing maintenance plans, restore procedures and backup of numerous SQL server databases.
- Day to day maintenance and support of SQL servers.
- Develop and support triggers, stored procedures, SSIS packages, and SQL T-SQL scripts
- Implement integration software such as SQL Server Integrations Services;
- Experience with Jenzabar and Infomaker preferred.
- Support end users with all Jenzabar Ex modules;
- Develop and deliver end-user queries, extracting data from Jenzabar, Infomaker, and other software applications to support the day to day operations of the University;
- Provide training and support to staff using Jenzabar, Infomaker, and other administrative applications used at the university;
- Keep current with the latest technologies and applications relevant to the Point Park University computing environment
- Willingness to attend training sessions that apply to the existing database products and utilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HRoffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DATABASE ANALYST- in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.