POSITION: Dance Costumer
REPORTS TO: Dance Production Manager
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in technical theatre with concentration in costuming (or equivalent education, sewing and design skills and experience); MA or MFA preferred; minimum three years professional experience in dance costuming; Understand dance costuming and how to interpret choreographer’s vision; experience in assisting and working with student crews a plus; basic computer skills important. Valid driver’s license with clear record and be able to drive a university van.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Coordinate and provide costumes for 6 productions for Department of Dance and coordinate for International Summer Dance
- Coordinate costume needs for guest designers and/or have design capabilities for 6 dance productions for Department of Dance and for International Summer Dance.
- Design 3 dance concerts as needed.
- Consult with Choreographer(s) as to requirements and design needs for his/her piece.
- Coordinate, construct, purchase, and modify costumes as required by performance needs.
- Understand and work within budget parameters as directed by Dance Production Manager.
- Supervision of student crews.
- Attend all dress rehearsals as required by Production Manager.
- Attend all "strike" calls.
- Perform routine and special maintenance on costumes.
- Inventory and database all costumes
- Maintain Dance Costume storage areas
- Supervise Federal Work Study, Apprenticeship students and/or overhire for all costuming projects and properly administer time sheets for their work hours.
- Coordinate dance costume rentals.
- Properly account for all expenditures made as part of job function.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DANCE COSTUMER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.