POSITION: Data Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Development Resources
REQUIREMENTS: Energetic, goal-oriented professional with superior interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work effectively across University departments and to exercise tact and good judgment in dealing with various constituents and staff; ability to work independently and in teams; ability to be flexible in work assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of two to three years of database management experience in a professional office setting required
- Must be a proficient database user – including ability to prepare and analyze reports, and ensure timely completion of requested reports
- Strong organization skills required
- Ability to receive and process confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Experience with MS Access, Excel, and Word required. Experience with DonorPro or other fundraising database preferred
- Familiarity with higher education, fundraising, or alumni affairs preferred
- Experience with processing of financial information preferred
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Data Specialist will play a critical role in the University’s Development & Alumni Relations department, with significant responsibilities for defining, creating, and maintaining data and reports needed to support the success of the department.
- Process all voluntary contributions received by the Development & Alumni Relations department
- Code and enter gift information into department database, and process gift acknowledgements, on a daily basis
- Keep database clean and up to date, working with other University departments and external vendors as necessary
- Non-gift data entry tasks such as address updates, adding new constituents, placing constituents into groups, and generating mailing lists
- Monitor and maintain confidential department records and ensure the integrity of the database
- Use the database to generate daily, weekly, monthly and other as-needed reports for distribution to Development & Alumni Relations staff
- Manage data for annual Phone-a-thon
- Work closely with the Business Office to ensure all accounts and gifts are properly coded
- Manage and fulfill data requests from other University departments
- Assist with completion of CAE Voluntary Support of Education survey
- Support other activities of the Development & Alumni Relations department or special projects as assigned
- Remain current with trends in information processing and retrieval
- Attend database training sessions as required
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism with confidential material
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DATA SPECIALIST - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.