POSITION: Dean of Student Life
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President of Student Affairs, Dean of Students
REQUIREMENTS: Earned masters degree in a discipline taught at the University or terminal degree in higher education/student personnel administration; record of successful collegiate service as an associate/assistant dean or senior student personnel administrative masters level; demonstrable activity in national or regional student personnel organizations; recognizable abilities to work with and provide leadership for staff members; commitment to bridge building between non-academic student affairs and academic affairs; commitment to philosophy of a student development model for structuring support services; and commitment to providing excellence in service delivery through the deliberate selection of directorate and other personnel who share in the student success philosophy.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Dean of Student Life presides over the student health and well being model insuring that all services delivery philosophically adheres to this model; maintains integrated program of service delivery to students; and serves as the students' primary administrator for all resident and non-resident students, and the activities planned for students, at the University.
- Participate with University executives in promoting the University mission statement.
- Provide leadership, support and evaluation of administrative units falling under jurisdiction: Student Life, Commuter Affairs, Health Services/Counseling, Residence Life, Special Events Programming, Student Activities, and Recreation Center.
- Develop budget proposals and monitor expenses of finalized budget.
- Provide support in the student retention process.
- Coordinate special events involving student success (Outstanding Student Awards Dinner, Hooding, Commencement, and Convocation).
- Responsible for co-advising student governance system (USG).
- Provide support for recognized student organizations.
- Responsible for the oversight of the Student Center.
- Provide direction to the Campus Activities Board (CAB).
- Responsible for all aspects of Residence Life at the University.
- Responsible for the support of the commuter population at the University.
- Serve on coordination team for the student handbook process.
- Maintain membership in professional organizations such as National Association for Student Personnel Administrators.
- Serve on various committees of the University, including but not limited to, Presidents Leadership Group, Retention Committee, Co-curricular Education Committee, Security Committee, Enrollment Committee, etc.
- Receive student grievances.
- Serve as a member of the coordinating group for the annual student success programs (Outstanding Student Awards, Hooding, Commencement, and Convocation).
- Perform other related duties and services as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DEAN OF STUDENT LIFE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.