Reports to: Dean of Student Affairs, Dean of Students
A bachelors degree is required; progress toward a masters degree in higher education or a related field is preferred. One to two years experience working in a student-related position on a college campus is preferred. Strong interpersonal skills. Evidence of organizational skills. Track record of teamwork. Ability to interact with students representing a wide range of ages, backgrounds, and interests.
The Director of Commuter Affairs will provide direction and oversight of programs that target all Point Park commuter students including full-time and part-time undergraduates, as well as graduate and accelerated/ Saturday students.
- Plan, implement, and assesses a multi-faceted, comprehensive program for all commuter students, currently to include full and part-time undergraduates, graduates, as well as accelerated and Saturday students.
- Help plan and staff Pioneer Experience (Orientation).
- Plan regular assessments of all commuter programs and activities and make changes- additions or deletions- as indicated by the evaluations.
- Manage a budget derived from the Student Activity Fee.
- Work with marketing to develop on-going campaigns for both prospective as well as matriculated commuters.
- Work with the Director of Student Activities to coordinate all planned activities and to coordinate staffing.
- Work with the Director of Co-curricular Residential Education to coordinate with the Living and Learning Communities in the residence halls.
- Research and develop a plan to create commuter Learning Communities.
- Work with Athletics to develop support (fan vans, etc.) for games.
- Work with Student Success Center staffs, International Student Services, Public Safety, and Event and Conference Services as needed.
- Oversee the Commuter Lounge
- Provide regular reports/updates on all commuter programs.
- Collect and report on diversity information and issues across the University.
- Represent Campus Life/ Student Affairs as assigned.
- Attend evening and weekend activities as required.
- Supervise graduate assistants/work-study students as needed.
- Attend regular staff meetings, both individual and with larger staff, as directed.
- Administrative and functional supervision of graduate assistants and/or work-study student staff.
- Maintain professional expertise through conferences, seminars, training sessions, and research.
- Carry out special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - Director, Communter Affairs- in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.