POSITION: DIRECTOR, CONSERVATORY PLANNING AND ASSESSMENT
DEPARTMENT: Conservatory of Performing Arts
REPORTS TO: Dean, Conservatory of Performing Arts
Master degree preferred; five years previous administrative experience, preferably in higher education; position requires the ability to work independently to manage and complete projects, collect and analyze data, develop and document policies and processes, and facilitate procedures; computer skills including advanced word processing, Power Point and Excel; strong organizational, writing and communication skills; ability to perform multiple tasks with minimum supervision; ability to collaborate with internal and external partners; a commitment to continuous improvement, including the implementation of new technologies; and demonstrated customer service skills including the ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
Under direction of the Dean, the Director of Planning and Assessment is responsible for the management and/or coordination of key department processes and procedures, including: the assessment of student learning, continuous process improvement, budget and operating plan development, and special projects. The Director also collaborates with the Dean to complete tasks, resolve issues, and provide efficient and effective communication.
- Assessment of Student Learning – Work with Department Chairs and Faculty Assessment Committees to coordinate annual program assessment activities and ensure that deadlines are met, requirements fulfilled and documentation completed. Advise faculty on assessment techniques and facilitate data collection and analysis.
- Continuous Process Improvement – Work with Dean, Department Chairs, and Directors to identify, plan and implement Continuous Process Improvement initiatives in alignment with the University’s Strategic Initiatives, or in response to recommendations from accrediting agencies or internal comprehensive program reviews.
- Strategic Planning and Budget Development – Work with Dean, Department Chairs, and Directors to coordinate annual Budget Requests and Operating Plan development. Monitor progress, collect data, and draft reports.
- Budgeting – Work with Dean to monitor identified accounts and special projects to ensure budget projections are met.
- Student Financial Aid Appeals – Serve on the University Financial Aid Appeals committee and work with in-school students who have financial issues.
- Outreach and Community Partnerships – Facilitate activities with outside groups that engage the community and promote the Conservatory as a center for artistic excellence in Pittsburgh.
- Compliance – Work with Dean and Department Chairs to collect and analyze data, draft reports, and prepare documentation for accrediting or regulating organizations like the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Middle States Council of Higher Education, National Association of Schools of Dance.
- Faculty Tenure and Promotion – Work with Dean, Tenure and Promotion candidates, Department Chairs and the Chairs of Tenure and Promotion Committees to ensure compliance with procedures, deadlines, and documentation.
- Faculty Search - Work with Dean, Department Chairs, and Search Committee Chairs to ensure compliance with procedures, deadlines and documentation.
- Special Projects – Coordinate and manage projects as assigned by the Dean.
- Compile program enrollment and financial data for statistical analysis and reports.
- Preparation of materials for meetings and presentations, including using PowerPoint.
- Drafting correspondence, policies and procedures for the Conservatory.
- Collect, organize and manage archive of records and documents consistent with Conservatory and University policy.
- Maintain knowledge of University and Conservatory policies and procedures, and advise faculty, staff, and students as needed or refer to appropriate department for assistance.
- Communicate with faculty, staff, and students in a collegial and respectful manner that maintains positive relationships between the Dean’s office and all partners.
- Proof read correspondence, reports, advertising copy, and other documents for accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes and serve as the Dean’s liaison and representative on university committees and task forces.
- Schedule and plan school events and functions, and coordinate travel arrangements.
- Supervise student workers as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate and comply with Point Park University regulations as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Attend evening and weekend Conservatory functions and events as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR, CONSERVATORY PLANNING AND ASSESSMENT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.