POSITION: Director of Alumni Relations
DEPARTMENT: Development and Alumni Relations
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s preferred. Knowledge of Point Park University programs and mission. Minimum five years experience with alumni relations, senior level boards, annual funds, or comparable experience; experience in higher education preferred. A demonstrated success for interacting with administrators, faculty, trustees, volunteer leaders, donors, and prospects; successful track record of team building and staff supervision.
Personal Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the institution, alumni, other constituents and the public.
- The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers.
- Demonstrate strong writing, speaking, planning and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Extensive experience with a constituent relations database.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for planning and implementing programs and projects that strategically engage alumni for the benefit of the University.
- Plan, implement, and promote alumni programs that support the University’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the Alumni Association Board of Directors, arranging its meetings, staffing its committees and ensuring strong and productive relationships between its members and the academic and administrative leadership; serve as ex officio Executive Director of the Alumni Association.
- Coordinate and promote alumni volunteer involvement for admissions, career services, student affairs, and school-based programs.
- Plan and administer special events that involve and inform alumni.
- Develop and submit for approval annual strategic operating plans.
- Collaborate with the Development staff to ensure accurate alumni records by administering a calendar for database updates and procedures for inputting alumni information.
- Establish and maintain relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Plan and direct a coordinated communications program using email, social media, alumni web pages, and print publications.
- Travel to regional areas to host small and large alumni events to build stronger relationships and reconnect regional alumni.
- Collaborate with the Development staff to increase alumni giving; including prospect identification and cultivation.
- Educate current and graduating students about alumni benefits.
- Manage the budget for Alumni Relations.
- Supervise the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and provide guidance to alumni volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI RELATIONS - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.