POSITION: Director of Annual Giving
DEPARTMENT: Development and Alumni Relations
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with multiple constituencies. Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines. Computer skills and experience with fund raising database, particularly DonorPro. Hands-on approach to assure successful completion of tasks. Ability to work evenings and weekends.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive multi-faceted annual giving program that includes personal solicitation of prospects, donors, direct mail, phonathons and online solicitation strategies. The director is responsible for building a program that generates unrestricted and budget-relieving revenue for the university by setting strategically aligned revenue and participation goals.
1. Collaborates with the Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations to develop annual goals and objectives.
2. Develops and manages solicitation strategies for all donor constituencies including alumni/ae, friends, parents, faculty and staff.
3. Manages a prospect portfolio of Annual Fund Prospects, including the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors targeted to give $250 or more.
- Personally manages 35-50 prospects and solicits leadership level gifts ($1000 +).
4. Writes and/or directs the development of printed materials used to promote and solicit Annual Fund contributions, including solicitation letters, brochures, email correspondence and response devices.
5. Plans, implements and manages all components of the phonathon including hiring and supervising students:
- Setting Phonathon goals, solicitation strategies and schedules.
- Setting Faculty/Staff campaign goals, solicitation strategies and schedules.
- Ensuring the timely completion of gift acknowledgements.
6. Manages direct mail and personalized mail solicitations.
7. Supervises the design and production of solicitations and supporting materials.
8. Creates and manages strategies to acquire new donors, renew LYBUNTS and recapture SYBUNTS. Evaluates and analyzes progress toward Annual Fund goals with regular and timely reporting.
9. Develops and manages social media plan to receive gifts through credit cards and automatic bank drafts.
10. Ensures the timely and consistent production of weekly and year-to-date reports.
11. Works with the Director of Development Resources to maintain and update donor records.
12. Prepares and manages the Annual Fund budget.
13. Maintain current knowledge of philanthropic and annual giving trends.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF ANNUAL GIVING - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.