POSITION: Director of Artistic Recruitment, Conservatory of Performing Arts
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Master’s degree in the performing arts or equivalent performance or creative experience in Dance, Theatre, Cinema Production or Animation
- 3- 5 years of recruiting experience in a college or university conservatory or performing arts department with demonstrated supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM systems
- Detail oriented with demonstrated strong organizational and supervisory skills
Reports to the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management. Responsible for managing all aspects of recruitment for Conservatory programs to ensure the achievement of enrollment goals and assist in the retention of current students. In consultation with Conservatory department chairs and the Vice President of Enrollment Management, determine enrollment targets, and create and manage annual recruiting and scholarship awarding plans to meet student, discount rate and net revenue goals for the Conservatory. Act as the liaison between the faculty of the Conservatory and the University Administration, especially the Vice President and Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management. Supervise on-campus and off-campus auditions, workshops, COPA Experience days, COPA participation in University Open Houses and Admitted Student Days. Interact with prospective students and families and maintain contact with alumni.
Supervise assistant directors for COPA Recruitment in daily duties and responsibilities including budgeting, travel, student contact, campus experience, auditions, and data entry. In collaboration with the Director of the Admission Support Team and the AVP for Enrollment Management, ensure the integrity and accuracy of all prospective student information, most critically, the artistically admitted and scholarship status of prospective students in a central database. Collaborate with the Senior Director of Enrollment Marketing to assure accuracy and timeliness of all printed and electronic recruitment material.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the chief enrollment officers and the COPA faculty in the annual development of enrollment targets and recruitment plans including the awarding of artistic grants that achieve enrollment, discount rate and net revenue targets
- Ensure the integrity of all data and the timely entry of all student audition results into the University admission office data system for use in all reporting of enrollment and audition information
- Review and analyze data to monitor progress toward all enrollment and financial targets
- Coordinate, administer and evaluate all recruitment activities including counselor travel, on-campus and off-campus auditions, open houses, Admitted Student Days, COPA tours and faculty recruitment activities.
- Meet regularly as determined by the AVPEM regarding the analysis, evaluation, and progress of COPA recruitment plans
- Work with faculty to determine artistic scholarship awards and make those recommendations to the Office of Financial Aid and the VPEM in a timely manner to meet financial aid award timelines
- Regularly collaborate with the Senior Director of Enrollment Marketing to produce printed material, alumni and student outcomes on the COPA webpages on the University website, and assure accuracy and timeliness of all academic, artistic, audition schedules, audition result notification schedules, and recruitment messaging.
- Collaborate with the Office of Alumni Affairs to establish a Conservatory Alumni Network to improve alumni participation in recruitment activities and develop alumni events in selected cities that will help establish presence in additional markets
- Coordinate with faculty to increase outreach to high schools to conduct workshops to include audition techniques, performance skill development, judging at thespian competitions.
- Manage the COPA recruitment budget
- Develop plans to improve market reach to promising areas of the United States and internationally
- Organize and execute auditions at National Unified Theatre auditions and COPA regional auditions
- Maintain consistent communication with department chairs to analyze recruitment and scholarship data and progress toward enrollment targets
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF ARTISTIC RECRUITMENT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.