POSITION: Director of Development Resources
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
DEPARTMENT: Development and Alumni Relations
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred. Minimum of five to seven years of development research experience. Five years of moves and prospect management experience preferably in an academic environment. Strong analytical, organizational, research, writing, presentation skills, and computer skills. Familiarity with standard prospect research references and other sources. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritizes assignments, and effectively communicates research and analysis information. Must exhibit initiative and resourcefulness, and work cooperatively in a positive team environment. Director must have excellent aptitude for statistical analysis, advanced understanding of financial activity and events, and the ability to analyze their relevance to solicitation strategies and timing. Must have the ability to motivate and manage staff to achieve goals, and deal with confidential matters with tact and sensitivity.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Director of Development Resources contributes to achieving the University's fundraising goals through developing and implementing a comprehensive, strategic program of database management, prospective major donor identification, research services, and prospect relationship management.
- Manage an annual prospect research plan focusing on individual, corporate and foundation prospects, including major gifts, planned giving and annual giving prospects.
- Maintain a current and accurate master prospect list with separate lists for major, annual and planned giving prospects.
- Manage and refine a Moves Management system, including chairing Moves Management meetings, tracking weekly moves completed by development officers, and reporting both individual and collective activity. Serve as the point of contact for coordinating moves management within the entire department.
- Responsible for prospect management activities including oversight of prospect portfolios for fundraisers and data analysis of prospects in managed portfolios and prospect strategies for solicitation.
- Create and maintain a set of standard prospect reports.
- Conduct basic and in-depth research on prospective donors; prepare briefing and solicitation materials for the president, senior staff and volunteers.
- Recommend donor giving capacity through analysis of complex individual, corporate, and foundation financial information, including financial analysis of income statements, net worth statements, and common forms of securities and other wealth indicator instruments.
- Supervise Development resources staff overseeing the DonorPro database, maintaining data integrity, written data and gift entry procedures, report writing, and mailing coordination.
- Manage the Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator of Development Resources, temporary staff, and students who oversee the annual fund, gift and data entry.
- Develop policies and procedures for database entry and regular maintenance updates to ensure accurate information.
- Manage an annual schedule of data base updates using both internal and resources including electronic screenings.
- Attend strategy meetings and board development committee meetings with trustees, administration, senior staff and campaign consultants for capital campaign and other development issues.
- Develop goals, operational standards, and benchmarking for assigned functional area. Evaluate effectiveness and implement changes as needed to ensure a high level of service.
- Establish and monitor annual budget, and project personnel and resource needs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to the highest ethical standards in managing information.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.