DEPARTMENT: Office of the Provost
REPORTS TO: Vice Provost and Dean of Faculty
The Director provides leadership for the university's e-Learning/ distance education programs and courses, working closely with the faculty, staff and administrators to foster the development and application of e-Learning experiences. In collaboration with a faculty committee, the Director provides training opportunities to faculty and ensures that the university meets the assessment standards required for Middles States Accreditation. The Director works in collaboration with Information Technology Services team to determine resource needs and best apply these resources
Required Qualifications include: Masters Degree in instructional technology or related field. Five or more years of experience in Academic technology / e-Learning; experience with online course-embedded delivery principles and methods; proficiency in database software; familiarity with Blackboard Learning platform; strong organization and project management skills; ability to work collaboratively in both the academic and technology environments; and excellent written and public presentation skills.
- Develop and implement a e-Learning/ distance education process and delivery system appropriate to the needs of the academic program.
- Work with the University's four schools to develop and implement distance, hybrid and technologically supported courses.
- Work with a faculty representative to design and implement a comprehensive training program in Academic technology.
- Recommend appropriate technologies, software and equipment to deliver current technologically supported instruction on site and in a distance format.
- Analyze and interpret data
- Complete Institutional annual reports and provide feedback to reporting units
- Prepare materials for approval of new programs by Middle States or the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Provide recommendations for strategic planning based on the outcomes assessment data and interpretation
- Participate as a member of a team to develop and provide ongoing professional development for faculty, staff and administrators and serve as a resource to faculty, staff and administrators on best practices and research findings in the area of e-Learning.
Qualified applicants should forward a letter of application and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF E-LEARNING - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.rtf) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.