POSITION: DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL AID
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum five years of related experience in financial aid program management and supervision; extensive knowledge of financial aid programs and regulations such as Federal Work Study, PELL and PHEAA grants; substantial experience in financial aid counseling, packaging awards, budgeting and financial aid accounting, reporting processes and financial aid computer systems desired.
Responsible for supervision of Financial Aid Office; for ensuring compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines; for implementing and enforcing policies, procedures and goals of the University.
- Provide a full range of financial aid counseling and advice to students and parents in person and on the telephone; respond to questions about financial aid posed by Student Accounts, Enrollment, Dean of Students, Faculty and other University personnel. Investigate and resolve problems that may arise.
- Assist in the hiring and training of staff in the Financial Aid area; coordinate and oversee daily assignments and work flow in the Financial Aid Office.
- Ensure adherence with University policies.
- Produce regular reports on financial aid expenditures (budget, forecast, institutional, campus based funds, e.g., work study and loan funds, both federal and state) for various departments and other officers and directors of the University.
- Develop cost of education budgets as required by PHEAA and Pell; administer Title IV refunds to withdrawn students.
- Prepare reports related to state and federal programs, including FISAP, prepare all responses to federal, state, and independent auditing agencies; act as liaison with all outside agencies related to the Financial Aid Office.
- Develop and maintain a policies and procedures manual for the Financial Aid Office.
- Develop written financial aid materials as needed.
- Represent the Financial Aid Office and Point Park University as a member of external committees, such as the Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education.
- Present Financial Aid information at Admissions functions such as Open Houses and Accepted Students events.
- Prepare information required for annual A-133 external audit, external financial audit and internal audits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR FINANCIAL AID - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.