POSITION: DIRECTOR OF RECRUITMENT
REPORTS TO: (Academic Administrator), School of Communication with dotted line to Assistant Vice President, Admissions
DEPARTMENT: School of Communication
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, public relations, advertising, communication or a related field with a minimum of five years experience in administration, supervision, and recruitment.
Responsible for the recruitment of qualified undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Communication including but not limited to general recruitment, admissions, and outreach programs.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruitment plan in collaboration with the Admissions offices and the Dean of the School of Communication.
- Manage and/or conduct all school-level outreach to prospective students via in-person visits, phone calls, emails, high school visits, etc. to support the progression of students through the enrollment funnel.
- Identify opportunities and outlets for prospective student cultivation, including high schools, professional organizations, community groups, etc.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of all undergraduate and graduate School of Communication admissions requirements, departments, curricula, scholarships and awards, and graduation requirements.
- Develop innovative strategies for increasing the recruitment of prospective students in the undergraduate and graduate programs from inquiry to matriculation.
- Work with dean and department chairs/program directors to develop, manage and monitor annual recruitment plan/goals.
- Serve as a liaison with key student support services, including but not limited to Center for Student Success, Career Services, Program for Academic Success, Registrar, and Financial Aid.
- Assist department chairs in reviewing student files for departmental scholarships.
- Work with Admissions offices and Marketing and Communications to manage school-based communications flow and associated outreach efforts.
- Assume leadership role for School of Communication and Admissions open houses, college fairs, and other outreach events to provide community awareness of School of Communication programs.
- Provide School of Communication-focused tours for prospects, including in-depth tours of the University’s photography facilities, the radio station, the television studio, and the multimedia labs.
- Partner with faculty members who conduct summer workshops and camps to ensure recruitment-based outreach and ongoing communication with those students.
- Work with School of Communication Web Editor to identify student, faculty and alumni success stories and to help maintain recruitment-based information on the School web pages.
- Partner with Alumni Relations to establish and maintain a School of Communication Alumni network.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF RECRUITMENT, SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.