POSITION: Director of Student Intervention
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President of Student Affairs/Dean of Students
DEPARTMENT: Office of Student Affairs
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree required – Master’s Degree preferred; requires a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in an area such as enrollment management, academic advising, admissions or institutional research in a college/university environment. Proven analytical and report generation skills required, as well as exceptional computer skills.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to use appropriate equipment and computer software supplied by the university.
- Ability to think analytically
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn and execute university policies and procedures.
- Display great attention to detail.
- Ability to carry out the highest level of confidentiality involving sensitive student information.
- Ability to create, assess, and analyze various reports generated from both the university operating system, and the retention management software.
- Ability to interact professionally with trustees, administrators, faculty, staff, students, and other constituents at the university.
- Carry out the mission of the university.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for managing the university’s retention management software system. Work closely with the Director, Center for Student Success, and various other administrators, faculty, and staff to ensure that students experience the highest level of satisfaction and attention throughout their university careers. Assist various constituencies in assessment of student success, retention, academic progress, report creation and implementation, and other assigned or designated responsibilities. Organize and maintain technology resources, especially the retention software system, and assist in the development of a strategic technology plan for the retention of students at the university.
- Maintain and monitor the university retention management software to identify students in jeopardy pertaining to academic, social, or other factors; determine the factors responsible, and utilize appropriate intervention strategies.
- Compile and analyze data from the retention management software to evaluate policies, track risk factors, determine possible trends, and assess intervention strategies.
- Communicate with faculty and staff the proper use of the retention management software and the role that it serves in the retention and graduation rates of students.
- Create, refine, and deliver training programs and sessions to all users of the retention management software.
- Assist with student outreach activities in support of retention.
- Work closely with the offices of Career Development and the Center for Student Success in the coordination and oversight of retention activities and programs.
- Maintain websites related to the retention of students and the retention management software system.
- Assist in the development, creation, and use of written/electronic publications, communications, and other informational/marketing materials related to the retention of students or the retention management software system.
- Perform other related work and special projects as directed or required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF STUDENT INTERVENTION - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.