POSITION: Director of Student Life
DEPARTMENT: Office of Student Life
REPORTS TO: Dean of Student Life
REQUIREMENTS: The position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a Master’s degree preferred. The director should have 3 to 5 years of work experience in higher education, residence life and/or the equivalent experience. The position is a required live-on position with emergency and duty responsibilities.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Director of Student Life works collaboratively with the Office of Student Life staff, the Office of Student Affairs, and the University community to create a positive living environment for residential students and coordinate comprehensive services for commuter students.
- Coordinates the overall programming and co-curriculum efforts for all residential students, including but not limited to the First-year Experience, the Sophomore Experience programs, and the Junior/Senior Initiatives.
- Directly supervises two Community Directors – full-time, professional positions.
- Supports the CDs in their supervision of two Assistant Community Directors – graduate level positions.
- Oversees the selection, training, and evaluation of the residence life staff (including the CDs, ACDs, CFs, CMs, CAs, OAs, and SAs – approximately 35 total students).
- Oversees the residence halls opening and closing procedures at the beginning and end of each semester and during vacation periods and breaks.
- Evaluates residence life staff on a semester basis.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of all Student Life and Student Affairs large-scale initiatives.
- Assists with room selection for returning students and room assignment process for new students.
- Enforces university and residence hall policies and refer/coordinate with Public Safety as needed.
- Develops, implements, and assesses comprehensive services for commuter students.
- Oversees the over-all use of the 4th floor commuter lounge.
- Coordinates educational initiatives with other departments on campus, including but not limited to Academic Affairs, other Student Affairs offices, and the Student Success Centers.
- Provides an enriched educational experience with sensitivity to diverse student needs as reflected in the University’s mission.
- Helps to oversee the programming budget as established by the Dean of Student Life.
- Serves as a disciplinary conference officer for mid-level adjudications as assigned by the Office of Student Conduct.
- Serves in the role of an investigator and/or student advocate for Title IX and sexual harassment incidents.
- Serves on departmental and University committees as assigned.
- Supports and attends University events and programs.
- Serves in the DOD rotation for weekday and weekend duty oversight.
- Assists in crisis/emergency situation both in and out of the residence halls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DIRECTOR OF STUDENT LIFE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.