POSITION: DRIVER (Part-Time, typically based on the academic calendar)
DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
The employee is required to meet all of the standard qualifications that are mandatory for a Commercial Driver with Passenger Endorsement to be cleared for driving privileges. These qualifications include but are not limited to the following:
- The applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess and provide a copy of a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger Endorsement and meet all licensing and training requirements via Pennsylvania State, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Point Park University and all other agencies as required.
- Must authorize the release of a Department of Motor Vehicle Record and satisfy the standards for driving clearance.
- The applicant is subject to alcohol and drug screening as per the university policy and regulations which are subject to change.
- The ability to communicate clearly is required.
- At least 2 years of driving experience.
- Must be physically able to drive and perform some labor as needed for pick-up and deliveries.
- Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
The driver is responsible for the transportation of students, faculty and staff to the Pittsburgh Playhouse, Film Makers and other locations in a safe and customer-service oriented manner. The driver must have the ability and required qualifications to drive any and all of the University Fleet Vehicles which include 24/25 passenger, truck and others. Each driver is responsible for a pre-trip and post-trip inspection of the vehicles and a Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report is required. The drivers have the duty of dropping off and picking up supplies and equipment; therefore some labor may be required and work performed is recorded.
- Provide safe and courteous service via transporting students, faculty and staff for Point Park University.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of the vehicles.
- Routinely check the vehicles for fluids, tire pressure, tire tread, belts, oil, brakes and all other areas of concern as required via the Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report.
- Communicate any areas of concern and maintain on-going communication during scheduled hours as described within the Wireless Communication Device Policy and all other policies and procedures are required.
- Report any and all incidents, accidents and traffic violations in a timely manner.
- Drive to vendors for pick up’s and deliveries as needed.
- Maintain current records with regard to assigned duties. Also follow up with regard to required transportation forms, email and other forms of communication.
- Receive mandatory training and other training as required and must maintain necessary requirement for the vehicles within the fleet.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - DRIVER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.