POSITION: Driver and Vehicle Maintenance (Part-Time)
DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
REQUIREMENTS: The employee is required to meet all of the standard qualifications that are mandatory for a driver to be cleared for driving privileges. These qualifications include the following:
- The applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess and provide a copy of a valid Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement.
- Must authorize the release of a Department of Motor Vehicle Record and satisfy the standards for driving clearance.
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- At least 2 years of driving experience
- Must be physically able to drive, provide maintenance service for vehicles and perform some labor as needed for pick-up and deliveries.
- The ability to use computer software and update maintenance records is required.
- Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The part – time driver and vehicle maintenance person is responsible for maintaining the fleet vehicles according to all compliance requirements as determined by the Department of Motor Vehicles and Compliance and Safety Administration and Point Park University policy. Also this position requires transportation of students, faculty and staff to and from the Pittsburgh Playhouse, Pittsburgh Film Makers and other locations for university sponsored services in a safe and customer-service oriented manner. Each driver is responsible for a pre-trip and post-trip inspection of the vehicles and a Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report is required for the vehicle use. The driver has the responsibility of dropping off and picking up supplies and equipment; therefore some labor may be required. This employee is also responsible for participating with some special projects regarding the vehicles and maintaining the fleet supplies to include a current and complete inventory of supplies including but not limited to signage and communication devices.
- The applicant must have the ability to routinely check all fleet vehicles for fluids, tire tread and pressure, belts, oil, brakes and condition of vehicles (both interior and exterior) and all other areas of concern and follow up with service appointments accordingly.
- Also responsible to maintaining the communication systems and electronic system such as cameras and alarms within the entire fleet of vehicles and schedule service calls as approved and/or required.
- Must have the ability to process and maintain electronic and/or hard copy of the fleet maintenance records such as oil changes, registrations, check belts, tune-ups, fire extinguisher (annual inspection service) and all other equipment including safety equipment for the entire fleet of vehicles.
- Maintain current records with regard to assigned duties. Process the Vehicle Maintenance Record Log. Also follow up with regard to required transportation forms and/or services.
- Must schedule all washing and arrange for detailing of the entire fleet vehicles.
- Must participate with all duties in order to eliminate and replenish the fleet vehicles such as signage, electronic device activation, supplies and other areas of concern.
- Responsible for the current registration information including the stickers for all fleet vehicles. This must be coordinated and processed via the Director of Transportation and Administrative Services.
- Must be available on call during all hours including non-office hours for emergency and/or other services. Communicate any areas of concern and maintain on-going communication during scheduled and non-scheduled hours.
- Provide safe and courteous service via transporting students, faculty, staff and/or guests for Point Park University.
- Follow through with all transportation maintenance services. Also the responsibilities include replenishing the supplies accordingly, coordinating a training program for all the drivers with regard to the fleet vehicles (must be approved via the Director of Transportation and Administrative Services).
- Participate with parking lot projects such as reassignment of parking spaces for the fleet vehicles and special events and other projects as needed.
- Participate with meetings as needed regarding the fleet vehicles.
- Report any and all incidents, accidents and traffic violations.
- Participate with the Incident Review Committee and/or other groups as needed.
- Receive mandatory training and other training as required.
- Follow policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- DRIVER AND VEHICLE MAINTENANCE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.