POSITION: Evening and Weekend Coordinator for Media Services
DEPARTMENT: Center for Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Managers for Media Services
- Bachelor or Technical degree in related field preferred.
- One to three years relevant experience in multimedia, a/v educational technology.
- Ability to primarily work evenings and weekends
- Expertise with digital cameras, LCD projectors, live audio, PC and Mac operating systems, & other audio/visual equipment required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office’s Excel, Word, Power Point, and Office
- Excellent phone and office etiquette
- Supervisory experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- The ability to be effective while handling multiple projects and requests.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To assist in the daily operation of Media Services Office in providing technical support for and coordination of the audio/visual and multimedia needs of the classrooms for the university primarily in the evenings and on weekends. A prime emphasis will be placed on the development of a customer service, and administrative office support including answering phones, emails, and processing requests by faculty. Analyze & prepare a daily schedule of equipment to meet department delivery requests and nightly inventory of equipment.
- Train and supervise part-time media assistants & work studies, who will schedule, deliver, & pickup up media equipment.
- Train and assist faculty and students in the use of digital and a/v equipment.
- Work variable schedule as required by scheduled events and classes.
- Wear appropriate dress according to scheduled events.
- Maintain documentation and procedural information.
- Troubleshoot a variety of audio and visual problems and ability to offer suitable replacement in a timely manor
- Assist Manager with projects
- Evening inventory and office clean up on daily basis.
- Answer phone calls and emails
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University Human Resources
Office 201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - EVENING AND WEEKEND COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.