POSITION: Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors degree preferred; minimum 1-3 years experience in an education environment with supervisory experience preferred; requires competent writing, research, communication, and organizational skills; requires ability to perform multiple tasks with minimum supervision; computer skills (Microsoft Office) required.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible to the Senior Vice President for the management of academic administration responsibilities in the Office of Academic and Student Affairs. Coordinate with the President’s Office, Vice Presidents, and academic departments. Responsible for organizing and scheduling the work of the office, maintaining task assignments and their follow-up, developing schedules, managing inter-office communication, assisting in the documentation and maintenance of academic policies, drafting correspondence, and keeping minutes of Board level and University management meetings.
- Provide administrative support for the Senior Vice President
- Supervise the department graduate assistant to ensure proper workflow
- Coordinate meetings and maintain Outlook calendar for Senior Vice President
- Coordinate the Senior Vice President’s activities to support those of the President, Vice Presidents and the academic departments
- Develop and maintain the Academic Administrative calendar on an annual basis
- Manage the telephone and electronic communications of the office
- Manage, review and draft responses to incoming correspondence. Establish uniform correspondence, procedures and style practices
- Coordinate the processing of University forms, including personnel forms, payroll forms and timesheets, purchasing and food-service requests
- Track spending in the Academic and Student Affairs budget and prepare a monthly expense reports
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of full-time and adjunct faculty files and contracts.
- Maintain a record of professional development and teacher effectiveness data and files.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, special events and other events as required. Order food and arrange for media for these meetings if needed
- Create, transcribe, and distribute meeting agendas and minutes as well as prepare and ensure confidential transcripts of investigations and confidential meetings
- Direct inquiries of students, faculty, staff and visitors to appropriate areas
- Order supplies for the office
- Collect, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including regular mail, email and faxes
- Participate in ongoing training and development activities as appropriate
- Participate in professional organizations as appropriate
- Comply with Point Park University regulations as defined in the Employee Handbook
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.