POSITION: FINANCIAL AID COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
REPORTS TO: Director of Financial Aid
Associates degree in business or secretarial science required; Bachelors degree in accounting or business preferred. Minimum of two or more years of administrative assistance experience, (in college financial aid is preferred); strong analytical skills; proficient in Microsoft Excel and other MS software required; excellent customer service skills; effective communication and organizational skills. Ability to work flexible schedule, as needed.
Serves as the Financial Aid Office’s office manager and administrative specialist. Coordinates daily front office activities with the Secretary and prioritizes tasks, utilizing an advanced level of knowledge and critical thinking skills; prepares and reviews income verification documents; supervises the work-study students; serves as back-up for responding to calls from a variety of customers, including parents, students, university officials and others and mail coordination in the absence of the Secretary. Other duties include data file management and maintaining budget reports.
- Serve as an integral part of the Financial Aid department, maintaining an advanced level of knowledge of broad general departmental functions.
- Coordinate and perform verification of federal tax information which requires advanced level of knowledge and excellent decision-making skills related to federal tax law.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of federal, state and institutional regulations and policies.
- Responsible for prioritizing daily, weekly, monthly and annual administrative tasks.
- Supervise five to six work-study students.
- Utilize critical thinking skills and recognize the confidentiality of information, respond to student inquiries, provide forms as requested, and refer students to the appropriate University office for assistance.
- Coordinate the administrative support of, prioritizing and multi-tasking various departmental functions, such as, but not limited to: creating folders and maintaining a neat and orderly file management system.
- Meet with families to review financial aid awards and answer questions when another counselor is not available.
- Create and run reports as requested.
- Assist with loan originations.
- Responsible for logging and balancing office budget expenditures and advising the director as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information to ensure FERPA and federal & state compliance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - FINANCIAL AID COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.