POSITION: Financial Aid Counselor
REPORTS TO: Director of Financial Aid
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent of an associate’s degree and directly related skills and experience); minimum of two years related work experience in financial aid administration, certification and processing functions, and strong familiarity with Federal Pell Grants, Campus Based programs, Federal Loan and State Grant programs; experience with COD website, Powerfaids and web site communications preferred.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for providing student financial aid counseling plus other related guidance and assistance to prospective as well as currently enrolled students; the ability to accomplish detailed evaluations of applications, computation of institutional needs, and analysis of federal eligibility for financial assistance; determining the type(s) and amount(s) of federal, state, college and any other applicable sources of financial aid to be awarded; coordinate the financial aid process with other college offices and areas of contact; coordinate and review the verification process of student applications; coordinate the processing of FFELP loans; and oversee the transfer and reconciliation of student aid accounts.
- Administer the College’s financial aid application process; coordinate application review and processing, gathering of required student and parent documentation, provide early award estimates, and development of final award packages for new and returning students.
- Administer the verification process in accordance with USDE regulations; review student/parent tax and income documents, collect verification worksheets; transmit changes to student’s SAR via PHEAA Data Link System, notify/counsel students regarding changes, and resolve any award changes/overawards.
- Provide information on Point Park College costs, packaging policies, appeal procedures, and special conditions/professional judgment processing to students/parents; assist in gathering of required documentation needed to process changes.
- Oversee institutional scholarship, grant, discount and remission programs; credit accounts of applicable student and collect relevant paperwork.
- Oversee and/or perform the transfer of aid to individual accounts in conjunction with the Business Office and produce reports to internal use.
- Coordinate the application processing and adjustments of the federal loan program; monitor corrections and provide guidance to students concerning the loan programs.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - FINANCIAL AID COUNSELOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.