Assistant Baseball Coach
Athletics Director and head coach.
The position has primary responsibility for assisting in the development of all phases of an NAIA Baseball program. This is a part time position.
- Assist with planning practices, race strategy and tactics
- Assist with pre-season and in-season training and conditioning of student-athletes
- Manage recruiting records and correspondence
- Assist with recruiting evaluations and campus visits
- Assist in coordination of team travel
- Commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations for the University, the department, and the NAIA
- Work compatibly and cooperatively with the staff and personnel of the athletics department
- Assist with community service and fundraising events as requested
Other duties as assigned by athletics director or head coach
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- General computer skills, including Word for MS Windows
- Must have proven ability to evaluate talent
Must demonstrate good organizational, communication, and public relations skills
- Two years of collegiate Baseball coaching experience
Two years collegiate running experience
The initial screening will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should forward a letter of application and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - ASST BASEBALL COACH- in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.