Executive Assistant to the Provost
Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred; minimum 5 years experience in an education environment with supervisory experience preferred; requires competent writing, research, communication, and organizational skills; requires ability to perform multiple tasks with minimum supervision; computer skills (Microsoft Office) required.
Responsible to the Provost for the management of all administrative functions in support of the Provost Office. Coordinate with the President's Office, School Deans and the Vice Provost. Responsible for organizing and scheduling the work of the office, maintaining task assignments and their follow-up, developing schedules, managing inter-office communication, assisting in the documentation and maintenance of academic policies, drafting correspondence, and keeping minutes of Board level and University management meetings.
- Provide Administrative support for the Provost.
- Manage the Provost's schedule.
- Develop and maintain the Academic Administrative calendar.
- Coordinate the Provost's activities to support those of the President, Vice Presidents and the School Deans.
- Manage the telephone and electronic communications of the office.
- Respond to tasks assigned from the President's office, forwarding such tasks to the appropriate office and monitoring the timely response.
- Create and maintain all necessary records for the Provost's office and work with University personnel in the documentation of policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, special events, and other events as required.
- Manage, review and draft responses to incoming correspondence. Establish uniform correspondence, procedures and style practices.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of University and school policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the processing of University forms, including personnel forms, payroll forms and timesheets, purchasing and food-service requests.
- Participate in ongoing training and development activities as appropriate.
- Participate in professional organizations as appropriate.
- Comply with Point Park University regulations as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a letter of application and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PROVOST- in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.