REPORTS TO: Office of the Registrar Academic Affairs
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum one year related work experience, preferably in a post-secondary academic institution. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Student success oriented. Ability to work to established deadlines. Excellent problem solving skills necessary. Must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings and Saturdays.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for researching and processing student registrations and academic requests. Responsible for file maintenance and organization of student records.
1. Maintain strict confidentiality of student records – adhere to the requirements of the Buckley Amendment as it applies to student records.
2. Respond to Student inquiries. Research and analyze online registration issues.
3. Responsible for Advanced Standing Evaluation processing from academic schools.
4. Maintain student records filing systems.
5. Process registrations, schedule changes, course withdrawals, complete withdrawals, independent studies, and internships. Check registration screens for re-admission clearance, probation, immunization, closed classes, repeated classes, etc.
6. Responsible for analysis of student registration status and reporting from online services
7. Prepare reports for academic school review on student registration status.
8. Receipt of online graduation applications. Prepare for Degree Conferral Administrator review.
9. Coordination with academic school advisors in regards to registrations and schedule conflicts.
10. Assist with course book production processing and room scheduling.
11. Front desk phone and student inquiry backup.
12. Assist with graduation ceremony preparation.
13. Processing of course substitution forms, change of major and CLEP scores.
14. Responsible for enrollment verifications.
15. Design and inventory maintenance of registration forms for student use.
16. Perform special projects or other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - STUDENT SUCCESS COORDINATOR- in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.