POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCES/PAYROLL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources & Payroll Manager
Bachelor’s degree (preferably in human resources) or equivalent experience; prefer at least one year of HR or payroll experience and 5 years as an administrative assistant; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); knowledge of Publisher a plus; strong communication and organizational skills, and ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, and students; ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision. Experience with Ceridian payroll and human resources information system is a plus. Must be dependable, detail-oriented, and strictly confidential. Individual must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, team focused, work environment.
Administer and coordinate most functions in the Human Resources Office with emphasis on HR/Payroll workflow, student employment, payroll-related data entry, new hire set-up, and administrative support. Perform a variety of HR & Payroll functions, projects, administrative, and receptionist duties for the Human Resources Office.
Maintain the confidentiality of Human Resources and Payroll records and information including employee personal information when performing the following duties:
Human Resources Department
1. Coordinate, maintain, and generate Human Resources-related files, and records (personnel files, search files).
2. Process HR documents such as new hire documents; check Human Resources authorization documents; ensure timely completion of I-9 documents.
3. Accurately track and process HR documents; follow up as needed.
4. Forward resumes received for open positions to the appropriate manager in a timely manner (either electronically or hard copy). Maintain search documentation for search files.
5. Input HR information accurately into the Jenzabar, and other HRIS systems/databases as applicable.
6. Answer phone and respond to inquiries; direct calls to appropriate individuals; take and relay messages; maintain communication between University Community and HR Department.
7. Coordinate drafting and distribution of office communications including office memos, letters, and other notices.
8. Maintain general office management functions including mail, scheduling meetings, complete work orders, perform routine clerical/secretarial/receptionist functions such as typing, filing, photocopying, scanning, greeting visitors, etc.
9. Orders and maintains office supplies and forms, checks inventories, and ensures accurate orders are received.
10. Process department invoices for payment.
11. Collect and compile information for quarterly HR newsletter.
12. Distribute status forms for employee information such as changes to title, status, pay, department, address, etc. in a timely manner.
13. Assist Student Employment Coordinator with Federal Work-Study program and Apprenticeship program. Act as back-up as needed.
- Assist in PHEAA Reporting and breakdown of reimbursement for state work study
- Training assistance for electronic timesheet implementation
- Process incoming paperwork for work study/apprentices including Ceridian payroll data entry
- Backup for payroll submission as needed
14. Perform other duties or special projects as required or assigned.
1. Assist with auditing of various payroll data entry (adjunct contracts, medical/dental deductions, timesheets).
2. Sick Leave & Vacation -- mid-year eligibility notification and monthly maintenance.
3. Assist with ensuring compliance with federal/state payroll regulations.
4. Assist with new 403(b) program setup and rollout.
5. Assist with payroll maintenance for COPA apprenticeship program.
6. Monthly bus pass distribution.
7. Ordering office supplies.
8. Filing; Manage payroll files storage.
9. Assist with monthly maintenance of work study hours.
10. Other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - HR/PAYROLL ADMIN ASST - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.