POSITION: HEAD WOMEN’S BASKETBALL COACH
(Full-Time 12 Month Staff Position)
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, plus two to three years of related experience in athletic administration and high school or college level coaching; experience including basketball recruiting and coaching desired.
Assist the Director of Athletics in aspects of the sports programs and coach the women’s basketball program of the University.
- Commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of the Department, the University, the American Mideast Conference, and the NAIA.
- Monitor academic progress of women’s basketball student athletes; review transcripts and ensure compliance with NAIA rules and regulations.
- Schedule practice facilities and times; design and supervise practices both in-season and off-season; teach all necessary fundamentals of women’s basketball.
- Act as liaison with the Financial Aid Office to determine financial aid eligibility of women’s basketball student athletes.
- Recruit high school and transfer students for the College's women’s basketball program; contact scouts, coaches, camp directors, alumni, etc.; return calls and letters from interested candidates and/or visit them personally. All recruiting activities should be completed in a highly professional manner.
- Coordinate mailings related to the women’s basketball program; research and verify information used in bulk mailings.
- In conjunction with the Director of Athletics, develop itineraries for away game trips; coordinate travel, lodging and per-diem expenses.
- In conjunction with the Director of Athletics, develop women’s basketball schedule; assess facility conditions and provide the needed maintenance; reschedule canceled games.
- Provide budget recommendations to Director of Athletics and manage expenditures to stay within approved amounts in both operations and scholarship budgets.
- Develop and implement sound disciplinary practices and policies which incorporate a high level of communication, consistency, and interim sanctioning steps when appropriate. Discussion with the Director of Athletics necessary in all discipline cases.
- In conjunction with the Director of Athletics, hire assistant coaches and identify volunteer assistant coaches while adhering to Point Park University human resource hiring policies.
- Supervise and evaluate assistant and volunteer coaches.
- Design, coordinate and oversee mandatory fund raising activities for the women’s basketball program.
- Design, coordinate and oversee community service projects for the women’s basketball program. At least one major project must occur each year. Adhere to the spirit and support all aspects of the Department’s Champions of Character program.
- Keep abreast of and implement new information and technologies such as visualizations, sports psychology, weight training, self-awareness techniques, etc., to improve the program.
- Attend one professional development activity each year. This activity must be approved by the Director of Athletes.
- Attend established awards ceremony at the end of each season.
- Schedule and attend various meetings.
- Prepare information for media relations; prepare information for mailings on women’s basketball camps; answer letters regarding questions on camps.
- Design programs and supervise personnel used for camps.
- Develop and update policies and procedures covering the women’s basketball program or athletics program in general.
- Coordinate administrative duties determined by the Director of Athletics.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - HEAD WOMEN'S BASKETBALL COACH - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.