Reports to: Director, Public Safety
Department: Public Safety
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide administrative support to the office of Public Safety.
1. High school diploma required - some college recommended
2. Outstanding organization and interpersonal skills required
3. Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
4. Familiarity with database functions and the ability to learn new software products that are involved in daily job functions.
5. Ability to work with large groups of individuals in a fast pace, sometimes stressful, working atmosphere.
6. Other duties or assignments as deemed necessary by direct supervisor.
7. Ability to work evenings and Saturdays during peak times as needed.
1. Oversight of entire ID/Security Access system
2. Point person for security operating systems (C-Cure and Basis software)
3. Capturing commuting/resident students, staff, and faculty images for ID's and security access
4. Responsible for the printing and organization of all student, faculty, staff, vendors, contracted workers, and visitors ID's on a daily basis.
5. Encoding security access cards, over two different systems, for residents, and employees for access to all university buildings
6. Keep resident housing assignment lists organized
7. Assist/coordinate with all outside groups/summer programs, i.e. Summer dance, Rockettes, J/MC workshops, PAS, internship programs, etc. and their access to university facilities
8. Assist and coordinate with ELS students ID and access needs
9. Responsible for inventory of supplies for ID machine/printer
10. Assisting Residence life with all housing assignments in relation to security access and ID's
11. Issues and tracks temporary ID access cards as requested... i.e. for contractors, loss of student ID cards, temporary maintenance access, admissions.
OFFICE OF PUBLIC SAFETY
1. Assist Director of Public Safety in various administrative duties
2. Maintains the smooth operation of the ID Center. Conducts initial inquiry of callers needing assistance to ensure proper support can be sent. Ensures that all incoming calls and visitors are dealt with properly and promptly.
3. Maintains an attentive and professional attitude to provide information, greet and direct visitors to Public Safety Department.
4. Organize filing of office programs - Director of Public Safety
5. Assist in administrative duties of multiple projects, assignments, and duties of Director of Public Safety and Environmental, Health & Safety Manager.
6. Assesses the degree of confidentiality of all information received or requested and responds accordingly.
7. All other duties assigned/needed to support the Office of Public Safety
8. Coordinates correspondence, calls and schedules for department head and staff members
9. Promotes positive public relations
10. Perform department inventories and assure control of department property;
11. Conduct planning and research with goal of improving department operations;
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to: Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
When responding via email please reference - ID Coordinator/Admin Assist- in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.