Position: Instructor - Smart Start (Temporary Position)
Department: Program for Academic Success
Primary Function: Instructor needed to teach the Quantitative Study Skills component of Smart Start 2014, an intensive 2-week course designed to explore knowledge, skills, and attitudes that increase preparedness for the freshman academic experience. The instructor will
- complete several hours of training on the goals/structure/delivery of Smart Start, as well as the objectives of the Quantitative Study Skills component
- participate in the Smart Start Orientation for students on Sunday, August 10
- prepare for and teach 3 sections of the Quantitative Study Skills component daily from Monday, August 11 through Thursday, August 21 (each 1.25 hour section scheduled between 8:30 am – 3:30 pm)
- submit final component grades to the Director of PAS by Monday, August 25
Requirements: Candidates must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Math Education or related field
- teaching experience at secondary or post-secondary level
- an interest in preparing academically at-risk students for the post-secondary experience
- ability to facilitate the application of effective study skill strategies to post-secondary math course scenarios
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - INSTRUCTOR - SMART START - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.