POSITION: INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGIST
DEPARTMENT: Center for Teaching Excellence
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
Masters degree in Instructional Technology or related field and 3 years professional experience in an educational environment. Required experience with web-enabled course management software and use of technology in the curriculum, including distance learning and use of technology tools in the classroom. Demonstrates excellent client service skills.
The Instructional Technologist will provide technical and pedagogical support to the faculty for instructional needs, applications, and processes necessary to provide a 21st century learning experience to students.
- Administrator of LMS (BlackBoard) for University.
- Maintain and archive the BlackBoard system.
- Create and provide technological and pedagogical training for faculty in face-to-face, webex and online formats.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Work with Information Technology department to maintain and update a faculty technical support lab.
- Work with a wide range of multimedia software including, audio, video, and web, to develop materials for online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses.
- Coordinate the production of media for faculty in suitable format for posting on LMS.
- Investigate and maintain specialty technology applications for faculty that are related to teaching and learning.
- Implement best practices in educational technology in higher education based on research and guidelines from national organizations.
- Assist the Associate Vice President and Director of E-Learning with e-learning strategic initiatives.
- Advise the E-learning Committee on LMS and other instructional technology issues.
- Annually assess services provided and make improvements based on assessment.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the strategic plan of Point Park University.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGIST - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.