POSITION: International Services Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Office of International Services and Enrollment
REPORTS TO: Director of International Student Services and Enrollment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Reporting to the Director of International Student Services and Enrollment, this position plays a key role in successfully recruitment and retention of international students to the University through admission materials and engagement programs as well as providing a wide range of general assistance and support to the Director and Coordinator for tasks that relate to international student enrollment, programming, cultural adjustment, retention, community relations, and campus wide cultural sensitivity and global awareness. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two years of experience in international student experience within international education or business setting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with cross-cultural sensitivity; ability to work with students and scholars from diverse cultural backgrounds
- A strong commitment to being a team member of a comprehensive international education services center, along with demonstrated ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be able to function independently, be motivated, and show good judgment in leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- International experience such as studying, working, living or traveling abroad and skills in a foreign language, preferred.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Prior experience in programming for international audiences in order to provide transition and retention benefits to incoming International students and general population, including but not limited to: New Student Orientation and cultural programming with other Student Affair Offices on campus.
DUTIES: The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate all office communication (electronic, personal and written) with prospective and enrolled students and their families regarding all aspects of their education here at Point Park University.
- Oversee the student arrival and orientation process and ensure that students' pre-departure needs are met
- Support and maintain inventory of immigration and admission documents related to student advising and enrollment
- Provide updates to the international student population through online and written communication.
- Assist the Coordinator and Director with campus wide International programming
- Some SEVIS capabilities
- Other related duties as needed.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - INTERNATIONAL SERVICES ASSISTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.