POSITION: Laboratory Associate Engineering Technology (EET, MET, CET)
REPORTS TO: Chairperson of Natural Sciences and Engineering Technology
Knowledge of modern computer software for Engineering Technology. Demonstrated ability to teach computer and Engineering Technology laboratory courses. Bachelor’s or related field experience in Engineering or Engineering Technology. Master’s degree in related field and knowledge of modern computer software and systems used in Engineering Technology (competency in Autocad, Mathcad, word processing, spreadsheets, MS-DOS, Windows, Basic and Netware preferred). Demonstrated ability to teach introductory laboratory and computer classes including grading of assignments. Good communication skills.
Responsible to NSET chairperson for teaching assigned laboratory courses, maintain laboratory equipment, and ordering equipment and supplies.
- Teach Laboratory courses in Engineering Technology (4 units of teaching laboratory per semester; approximately 12 hours per week for teaching laboratories and related duties).
- Responsible for maintaining laboratory equipment. To include calibration of instruments, parts replacement, assembly of equipment, and routine preventive maintenance including cleaning of laboratory classrooms.
- Administer, maintain and support departmental network computer systems and department computer systems.
- Prepare purchase order forms for faculty; maintain records of purchases, warranties, and manuals.
- Assist faculty in preparing and conducting laboratory classes.
- Authorize payment for equipment and supplies use.
- Maintain records of expenditures for equipment and supplies.
- Establish and maintain contacts with local firms to obtain donated equipment.
- Pick up equipment and supplies from vendors.
- Work with faculty to project both capital and software budgets for coming fiscal year.
- Work with IT department to establish hardware and furniture needs for the computer labs.
- Implement newest software packages for all Engineering Technology labs.
- Ensure compliance of EPA, OSHA and MSDS standards for all Engineering Technology labs.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving of all merchandise for Engineering Technology.
- All duties associated with work studies, including hiring and dismissal.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - LABORATORY ASSOCIATE - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.