Organizing and aligning for success, Point Park University’s Development and Alumni Relations department has established a new position specifically to create, implement and lead a comprehensive major giving, planned giving and annual fund program. The Managing Director of Development is a key management position that will focus on building a strong major gift program and mentoring the energized staff of the department. The Managing Director reports to the Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations and supervises the Assistant Director of Development and the Director of the Annual Fund.
The Managing Director of Development will create, launch and lead the major gift program, including leadership gifts, planned gifts and annual fund programs.
Point Park University enrolls nearly 4,000 full- and part-time students in 82 undergraduate programs, 17 master’s programs and a doctoral program offered through its School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, School of Communication and Conservatory of Performing Arts. Its students represent 44 states and 56 countries.
The University's comprehensive strategic planning process focuses on enhancing academic excellence, a quality student experience, managed growth and community engagement. In 2008, Point Park moved into the next chapter of its development as a vibrant academic and community partner with the announcement of the Academic Village at Point Park University, a thriving living and learning hub. Point Park's $244 million campus and public enhancement space plan is already well on its way to transforming the University and Downtown Pittsburgh. For more information, please visit: www.pointpark.edu
- Plan, organize and build a major gifts program that includes developing an annual fund pipeline leading to major gifts.
- Implement procedures that define a major gifts program.
- Incorporate metrics and data driven analysis and planning to grow the annual giving program and individual personal solicitations model.
- Manage 75-100 major and planned giving prospects.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the Assistant Director of Development and Director of Annual Giving. Build a cohesive team.
The Managing Director of Development should be high energy and entrepreneurial and should demonstrate a proven track record in building strong relationships with supporters and meeting fundraising goals. She/he will possess strong leadership skills that inspire trust, high performance and collaboration across the University. Strong analytical and quantitative skills are required. This results-orientated leader will be a visionary with a strong general management mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years progressive and effective fundraising. Higher Education experience preferable.
- Demonstrated success managing staff to meet goals and objectives.
- Personal communication skills necessary for effective face-to-face cultivation of donors and written communication skills necessary to create compelling fundraising materials.
- Experience with fundraising databases.
- Embrace with passion the goals and culture of Point Park University
- Approach work with a collegial attitude
- Respond to colleagues, community partners, donors and all related constituents with respect and graciousness
- Contribute to the energy and enthusiasm surrounding Point Park University’s momentum and progress
- Lead by example with successful outcomes attained through ethical work practices
This position offers competitive compensation, commensurate with the level of skill and experience expected from applicants.
Individuals wishing to speak confidentially about this opportunity may contact Michelle Pagano Heck, Principal, Nonprofit Talent at firstname.lastname@example.org . To apply, please email a position specific cover letter and a resume to email@example.com. Include in the subject line: PPU Application.
Please direct all inquiries related to this position to Nonprofit Talent and do not contact Point Park University.
Point Park University is an equal opportunity employer.