POSITION: Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree required; experience in marketing, arts marketing or working in higher education preferred. Familiarity with social networking and social media marketing practices, Candidates should have strong communication and writing skills, be analytical and creative, with a quick, passionate, and assertive approach. The ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is essential. The ideal candidate is highly organized; detail oriented, and has a strong comprehension of integrated marketing and the digital space. Must be able to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the University. May be required to work some nights and/or weekends.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for assisting and coordinating with director of marketing and public relations the creation, management and execution of marketing and media relations plan(s) to support recruitment and retention efforts for Point Park’s Conservatory of Performing Arts. This includes, but is not limited to, helping to create and implement a social strategy for the Conservatory and the Pittsburgh Playhouse.
- Organize layout and content of show programs including, but not limited to, collection of information, ensuring Actors’ Equity standards are followed and deadlines are met.
- Assist with the development and management of the Pittsburgh Playhouse website.
- Interact with the media, when necessary, including writing news releases, answering media questions, getting journalists the information they require in a timely manner.
- Help manage, execute and evaluate marketing plans to support the Conservatory of Performing Arts and its departments.
- Work with the marketing director in dealing with COPA’s marketing vendors, keeping track of deadlines and proof-reading ad copy.
- Work with recruitment team, department chairs, COPA web editor and COPA director of marketing to identify marketing and social outreach opportunities and aid in execution.
- Support COPA Director of Marketing to manage the Pittsburgh Playhouse communications plan.
- Monitor COPA’s various social media pages, including Facebook, making sure information is current, and users have the information they need. Moderate and guide social community interactions between students, faculty, and staff members.
- Create, maintain and execute a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule of content for the Conservatory, its departments and the Pittsburgh Playhouse.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference- MARKETING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.