POSITION: Math Tutor (Part Time, 20 hours per week, 8 months)
DEPARTMENT: Center for Student Success
REPORTS TO: Director for the Center for Student Success
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Math Education, Science, Business, or related field. Experience in tutoring/teaching at a college or university setting.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide tutoring session in math and other courses.
- Offer individual or group tutoring sessions in math and other courses to Point Park students.
- Offer group study sessions and/or workshops as appropriate.
- Keep records of student contacts and progress.
- Develop materials, worksheets, and handouts as needed.
- Attend supervision sessions and tutor training sessions as needed.
- Meet with the Director of the Center for Student Success for program planning, development, and assessment as well as supervision and feedback. Work with the Director to develop programming for targeted populations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - MATH TUTOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.