POSITION: Media Services Event Technician & Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Media Services; Center for Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Supervisors for Media Services
QUALIFICATIONS: Required Qualifications:
- Prior work experience in media services, multimedia/audio-visual lab, or multimedia event venue
- Flexible work schedule with availability to work evenings and weekends
- Expertise with LCD projectors, audio, video and stage lighting equipment
- Some knowledge and experience with camcorders preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
- Effectively manage multiple tasks, requests and projects simultaneously
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- Commitment to a high level of customer service
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Professional to semi-professional dress as required by the event
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The ability to independently and correctly set-up, tear-down, and trouble-shoot an assortment of audio-visual equipment in a variety of venues and rooms. Provide technical support for events and meetings equivalent to the standards of the holder. To communicate with technical and nontechnical people professionally.
- Set up and tear down meeting and event equipment
- Staff events wide range of events including Student Activities and VIP events
- Train work studies, who will deliver, & pickup up media equipment for small events and meetings
- Work with Technical & Equipment Supervisor to maintain existing equipment and purchase new.
- Work variable schedule as required by events with appropriate dress code
- Available to work nights and weekends
- Process and maintain event and meeting requests
- Communicate with Conferences and Events department personnel
- Rent necessary equipment for complex events
- Schedule media equipment and personnel
- Supervise and manage small support staff
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - MEDIA SERVICES EVENT TECHNICIAN/COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.