POSITION: National High School Dance Festival (NHSDF) Coordinator (Temporary)
DEPARTMENT: Conservatory of Performing Arts/Dance
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree preferred. 2 to 3 years of experience with coordinating events or meetings. Knowledge of logistics within the dance department. Familiarity with working within a university or a non-profit organization preferred. Ability to perform work independently as well as in a team. Ability to work well within a fast-paced environment with limited errors. Proficient in Microsoft Excel with ability to manage large amounts of data. Great communication, organization, and time management skills.
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments while meeting deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills in order to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage time and adapt to change.
- Must demonstrate organization skills and work well in a fast-pace environment under deadline pressures.
- Must demonstrate a professional appearance and conduct that reflects the image of the University.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact, establish, and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituent groups including faculty, staff, students, recruiters, and vendors.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The NHSDF Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the registration and scheduling logistics for the 2016 NHSDF at Point Park University. The coordinator is responsible providing NHSDF administrative support within the Dance Department as well as recruiting volunteers to assist during the festival. The Coordinator will be the primary contact and work closely with Conference and Event Services, Dance faculty, participants, vendors, and recruiters to ensure success of the event.
- Confirming content for the web page and registration forms
- Manage registration data for over 1,500 student, faculty and vendor/recruiter participants
- Facilitate the sale and confirmation of advertisement space in event program book
- Schedule regular conference call meetings with the Founder of the NHSDF as well as internal meetings
- Provide detailed event summary information and updated progress reports/timeline for the regular meetings
- Oversee event set-ups and day of activities to ensure successful event execution
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25 pounds with or without accommodation
- Provide event admin support for NHSDF, including scheduling, event summary and report distribution, and maintaining and updating the calendar of events
- Perform other NHSDF duties as required or assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - NHSDF COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.