POSITION: NETWORK ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: Enterprise Services, Information Technology Services
REPORTS TO: IT Operations Manager
To assume the primary role of a Network Analyst the position holder should have prior relevant experience, a high energy level, and a commitment to doing “whatever it takes” to meet the needs of the position and support the faculty, staff and students as well as the mission of Point Park University.
- Bachelor’s degree in information science, computer science, or related area (or equivalent combination of education and experience); Experience in the following:
- Ability to coordinate the installation of data networks using Cisco and Alcatel access points, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Experience working with multiple VLANs and VPN services.
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot computer network hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Ability to develop and write documentation and guides for technical users.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others
- Exposure to enterprise VoIP concepts.
- Exposure to enterprise QoS concepts.
- Exposure to enterprise firewall concepts
- Analyze and resolve technical problems for established networks.
- Serve as technical specialist during network problems and emergencies.
- Install, configure, and maintain network components.
- Adhere to security policies for existing and future networks.
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed on the network.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Provide network documentation, training, and guidance to users as needed.
- Assist server administrators with installs, upgrades, ongoing maintenance of network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - NETWORK ANALYST - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.