POSITION: Painter (UN-95)
REPORTS TO:Director of Operations
DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
REQUIREMENTS: Completion of apprentice or vocational program or equivalent combination of training and experience; minimum five years experience in all aspects of commercial painting; knowledge and ability to operate all power tools; and ability to climb ladders, high lifts and scaffolds, and lift up to 100# weights.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform all painting and refinishing of surfaces as required.
- Apply all types of paint and finishes.
- Prepare work area and surfaces.
- Patch and putty all holes and cracks.
- Set up and break down scaffolding and equipment.
- Mask surfaces for painting.
- Maintain all equipment in a clean operating order.
- Break down and set up areas to be painted.
- Operate all power sprayers.
- Assist other trades as required.
- Perform skilled tasks with little or no supervision.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PAINTER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.