POSITION: PART TIME EVENT TECHNICIAN
DEPARTMENT: Center for Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Supervisors for Media Services
Required Qualifications :
- Expertise with digital cameras (still and video), LCD projectors, & other audio/visual equipment required.
- Experience with sound and lighting necessary.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- The ability to be effective while handling multiple projects and requests.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Must be available to work varied shifts. Night and weekend availability is a must.
- Prior work experience in Media Services or multimedia/audio visual lab.
The ability to independently and correctly set up, teardown, and troubleshoot various types of audio visual equipment. To communicate with technical and non-technical people professionally.
- Perform basic maintenance on a/v equipment.
- Staff and support university-sponsored events on campus.
- Work variable schedule as required by scheduled events with appropriate dress code.
- Available to work nights and weekends.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PART TIME EVENT TECHNICIAN - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.