POSITION: PART-TIME PAYROLL ASSISTANT
REPORTS TO: Payroll Manager
Minimum two years related experience including computerized Payroll experience, preferably in an academic setting. Associates degree, or advanced course work in payroll administration or business preferred; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office; strong communication and organizational skills and ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, and students; ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision. Experience with Ceridian payroll system preferred. Strict confidentiality is required.
Three days per week, 8:30AM –4:30pm, with ability to flex schedule/work additional hours when needed due to busy times of the year.
Perform a variety of payroll, and other related administrative duties in support of the Payroll Manager and Payroll Assistant.
- Maintain the upkeep and confidentiality of Payroll records and files.
- Ability to perform as full back up to the payroll department.
- Assist with data entry, processing and distribution of mid-month and end of month payroll for employees, actor’s equity, and student payroll.
- Accurately process and code timesheets on a monthly basis.
- Process and distribute monthly bus passes for all participating faculty and staff.
- Track and maintain Full-time sick and vacation calendars as well as notifications and related employee inquiries.
- Greet, screen, and assist employees, students, and other visitors to the department.
- Answer phone and respond to inquiries; direct calls to appropriate individuals; take and relay messages.
- Assist with assembly and processing of year-end payroll functions such as W-2 processing.
- Perform other payroll related duties as assigned or required.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PAYROLL ASSISTANT - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.