POSITION: PITTSBURGH PROMISE MENTOR
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Registrar
REPORTS TO: Office of the University Registrar
Minimum one year related work experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Student success oriented. Ability to work to established deadlines. Excellent problem solving skills necessary.
Responsible for assisting current Pittsburgh Promise students with questions on campus services. Assist prospective students with inquiries concerning university facilities and services. Planning of student activities.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student records – adhere to the requirements of the Buckley Amendment/FERPA as it applies to student records.
- Respond to student inquiries via email, Facebook, Blackboard, phone, and in person.
- Assist Pittsburgh Promise students with referrals to campus services.
- Develop informational newsletter for Pittsburgh Promise students.
- Develop Pittsburgh Promise student activities and networking events.
- Provide support and mentoring for middle school and high school potential Pittsburgh Promise student events.
- Provide campus tours for potential Pittsburgh Promise students.
- Perform special projects or other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PITTSBURGH PROMISE MENTOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.