POSITION: PROGRAM ASSISTANT, RESEARCH AND ADMINISTRATION
DEPARTMENT: Academic and Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
Bachelor’s degree required, some experience in higher education environment preferred; Requires excellent organizational skill; information literacy; communication and computer skills (Microsoft Office) are essential; ability to perform multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
Responsible to the Associate Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs for the management of academic support services in the ASA Office. Conducts research and prepares data driven reports on a regular and as needed basis. Maintains and updates policy, accreditation and assessment information on the website, Intranet and Blackboard. Provides administrative, clerical and organizational support for the Associate Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs.
- Conduct background research on topics assigned by the Associate Vice president of Academic and Student Affairs and prepare executive summaries and reports which will help inform decisions.
- Maintain content areas for academic policies, accreditation and assessment on the website, Intranet and Blackboard site.
- Prepare excel formats and other software formats for assessment of student learning activities.
- Maintain Higher Education Opportunity Act digital compliance chart.
- Maintain Pennsylvania Department of Education and Middle States files, and update timelines for compliance reports.
- Coordinate meetings and orientations organized by the Associate Vice President.
- Create and maintain filing system (hard copy and electronic) for Associate Vice President.
- Draft presentations and correspondence requested by the Associate Vice President.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference – PROGRAM ASSISTANT, RESEARCH AND ADMINISTRATION - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.