POSITION: Project Manager
DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
REQUIREMENTS: Five to ten years commercial and institutional building experience, proven skills in purchasing, negotiating and managing projects at 500K to 20MM. The person must have a strong educational background; Engineering or Architectural Degree, MBA or Business Degree and a minimum of six (6) months CAD experience. Ability to manage and administer construction projects from owner’s perspective. Requires a working knowledge of local codes and standards of design and construction. Must possess knowledge of construction techniques and materials. Incumbent must function in a highly organized manner and possess high interpersonal skills; have familiarity with cost estimating. Must have good communication (oral and written) skills. When dealing with construction projects, must be able to effectively balance economy with practicality and recognize and resolve conflicts that may arise that could affect the outcome of a project.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Project organization, administration and supervision.
- Project organization, administration, and supervision during project. Responsible for all engineering, architectural, purchasing, accounting, cost control, quality assurance and project close-out.
- Knowledge of the plans, specification, project estimate and contracts.
- Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations, participate in the overall purchasing and award of contracts including review of proposals to verify that the scope of work of material and subcontractor quotations are consistent with the work required and within budget.
- Verify that all components for a finished job are covered in the plans, specifications and contract.
- Implement, review and supervise job cost control system.
- Meets with Departmental Representatives to discuss issues surrounding space planning, remodeling and construction change requisitions. Resolves problems and offers recommendations with estimates.
- Punch list and review daily the ongoing construction so as to ensure work is correct and best interest of University
- Manages construction projects on campus as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
- When assigned, acts as liaison between architects, contractors, and university staff during major construction projects. This includes new construction and major renovations of existing facilities.
- Takes field notes and measurements, and prepares sketches for user approval.
- Planning and scheduling overall plan of operations, methods and equipment, master manpower schedule, material procurement and delivery for internal projects.
- Determine the overall construction schedule and direct the preparation of the project schedule for contracted projects.
- Review and approval of all project costs – labor, material, and subcontracts.
- Supervise and evaluate the changes in the work (from any source) and obtain VP’s consent to change orders.
- Confirms compliance with building and life safety codes and with internal security and safety requisites.
- Performs other work as assigned by the Vice President of Operations.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - PROJECT MANAGER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.