POSITION: Recruitment Coordinator, Conservatory
REPORTS TO: Director of Artistic Recruitment
REQUIREMENTS: Position requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and two years professional work experience. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; proficiency in Word and Excel required; and knowledge of Jenzabar software a plus. Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail; and a high degree of customer service skills. The ability to travel and work Saturdays is required.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Position is an integral part of the recruitment process and includes; maintain technology for the automated audition process, preparation of statistical enrollment reports, coordinate on and off campus audition events, prepare/track audition results.
Audition/Recruitment Event Support
- Plan and execute audition and recruitment events under the direction of the Director of Artistic Recruitment.
- Create and maintain departmental calendar of audition/recruitment events for the coming year.
- Process and monitor online audition requests.
- Prepare and mail out confirmation to prospective students regarding their audition.
- Work in collaboration with the necessary internal offices to secure space and resources for the on campus auditions/ recruiting events.
- Work with the Office of Admissions COPA liaison to secure tour guides for the audition.
- Arrange catering needs for on campus auditions/ recruiting events with Dining Services or other outside vendor.
- Coordinate faculty adjudicators, student work staff, and accompanists for on campus auditions/ recruiting events
- Create and prepare necessary informational materials for on campus auditions/ recruiting events.
- Manage registration on the day of the on campus auditions/ recruiting events.
- Off Campus:
- Secure rental spaces for off campus auditions/ recruiting events and prepare rental agreements for Director of Artistic Recruitment’s approval.
- Arrange the necessary musical accompaniment for each audition.
- Act as a liaison to off campus vendors and ensure that the necessary resources will be available to faculty and staff during the off campus auditions/ recruiting events.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for faculty and staff travelling to off campus auditions/ recruiting events
- Prepare travel advance and per diem check requests for faculty and staff.
Student Work Staff
- Manage student work staff for the Recruitment Department.
- Ensure that student workers adhere to the guidelines and tasks that are assigned to them.
- Train student workers to assist with auditions.
- Construct a work schedule each semester with student workers.
- Oversee time sheet submission to the Human Resources Department.
Prospective Student Support
- Create a warm and welcoming atmosphere and serve as a first point of contact for prospective students and their families.
- Assist prospective students with inquiries regarding the Conservatory of Performing Arts programs.
- Provide information on the admissions process to prospective students and help to guide them through the process.
- Assist prospective students with the audition registration process.
- Reply to general inquiry emails sent to the departmental mailbox.
Admissions/Enrollment Data Entry and Reporting
- Enter audition registrations into database.
- Verify prospective student contact information and update if necessary.
- Coordinate and enter student paperwork for processing.
- Enter prospective student audition results into database.
- Prepare and mail out student award letters.
- Prepare statistical reports on the Conservatory enrollment.
- Prepare weekly reports for enrollment meeting.
- Serve as a liaison to the Office of Admissions support staff and handle any issues that arise with reporting needs.
- Provide copies of prospective student’s audition results to the Office of Admissions COPA liaison for admissions file.
- Update reports as necessary to ensure accurate reporting of Conservatory enrollment data.
General Departmental Support
- Prepare expense reports, purchase orders, and check requests with supporting documentation for Director of Recruitment’s approval.
- Create and maintain address lists for departmental mailings.
- Oversee promotional mailings to prospective students and targeted high schools.
- Assist Director of Recruitment and Associate Director of Recruitment with special projects as necessary.
- Order office supplies for the Recruitment Department.
- Maintain filing system for Recruitment Department.
- Answer general inquiries made to the Recruitment Department.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.