REPORTS TO: Associate Library Director
Reference / Instruction Librarian is responsible for providing reference and instruction services.
- Provides reference services to university patrons.
- Provides Library instruction in individual and group settings
- Participates in development and implementation of new instruction based technology
- Designs and produces library instruction classes and materials.
- Experience with using Innovative Interfaces Inc.’s Millennium ILS (Create Lists, Circulation, Serial, Cataloging), Coutts OASIS software, OCLC Cat Express, mobile/hand held devices in a Library environment.
- Promotes library resources campus wide.
- Supports faculty liaisons.
- Assists with collection development.
- Participates in all reference tasks and assignments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
An MLS from an ALA accredited program; a second graduate degree preferred; minimum of two years academic library experience; excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of research tools for reference and instruction; demonstrated ability to implement technology into instruction, reference, and training; record of commitment to professional development. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Qualified applicants should forward a letter of application and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - REFERENCE / INSTRUCTION LIBRARIAN- in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.