POSITION: Registration Technologist
DEPARTMENT: Office of the University Registrar
REQUIREMENTS: Associates Degree Required. Bachelors Degree preferred. Two years experience working experience in higher education setting. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work to established deadlines. Excellent analytical skills necessary. Candidate must possess high integrity and ethics. A positive student success oriented attitude is necessary for the position. Must be able to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and Saturdays. Proficient with Word and Excel and student software databases. SQL knowledge preferred.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform a variety of technical and administrative functions to support the University Registrar. Uphold the integrity of the university policies and procedures established by the administration and faculty. Support the academic vision and mission of the university. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student records – adhere to the requirements of the Buckley Amendment as it applies to student records.
- Assist students, faculty and staff with online processes.
- Respond to student issues for the University Registrar. Research and analyze academic issues.
- Responsible for weekly registration reports.
- Responsible for records management, retention and document imaging of records.
- Assist with Ad Astra course scheduling.
- Responsible for NSLC degree verification problem resolution.
- Preparation of book store reports and various data reports for academic processes.
- Assist University Registrar and Associate Registrar with appointment calendars, staff assignment calendars and academic calendar development.
- Front desk backup including answering phones and student inquiries. Assist students in regards to registration processing, schedule changes, withdrawals, independent studies, internships and review clearances.
- Manage FERPA authorizations and assist with FERPA regulations and training.
- Responsible for generating registration reports, graduation reports, course capacities, etc.
- Responsible for Website updates and JICS announcements and student correspondence.
- Assist with commencement planning and convocation activities.
- Assist University Registrar with advising and degree audit logic maintenance in student software system.
- Special Projects and other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - REGISTRATION TECHNOLOGIST - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.