POSITION: Scenic Artist
REPORTS TO: Scenic Charge
REQUIREMENTS: BFA in theatre arts or equivalent education, skills and experience in scenic design OR painting with a minimum of three year of related experience.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assist in all applications of scenic art for all sets and drops produced by the Production Department of Point Park.
- Artistic application required scenic art that is needed for the final finish (i.e. texturing, sculpting, rendering, etc.) on all sets.
- Assist in supervision of student and overhire paint crews.
- Follow any and all required techniques and procedures of each show as set by Scenic Charge.
- Assist in advising, maintaining and meeting paint schedules for each production.
- Attend design and production meetings if needed.
- Assist in maintaining paint room, paint tools, supplies and inventories.
- Participate in technical rehearsals as required by the Production Manager, Scenic Charge or Technical Director.
- Touch up paint on sets during run of show as needed.
- Perform other tasks in general preparation for upcoming productions.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SCENIC ARTIST - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.