POSITION: Scenic Carpenter/Welder - Theatrical Productions (Internal Applicants Only)
REPORTS TO: Shop Foreman
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in technical theatre (or equivalent education, carpentry and technical skills and experience); minimum two years professional experience in the construction and installation of various scenic elements for theatrical productions including carpentry, welding and light metal fabrication; experience in assisting and working with student crews a plus.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Construct and install various scenic elements for Playhouse productions; assist with supervision of student crews and maintains scenery during run of shows.
1. Perform carpentry, welding and light metal fabrication duties in the preparation and construction of scenic elements.
2. Assist with the installation and rigging of scenic elements and instruct student crews on the operation of scenic elements.
3. Assist with the supervision of student crews.
4. Attend all "strike" calls.
5. Perform routine and special maintenance on stage equipments, shop equipment and stage houses.
6. Maintain all scenery during the run of the show.
7. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference – SCENIC CARPENTER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.