POSITION: SECRETARY I (Part-Time) (Union – 32BJ)
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid Office
REPORTS TO: Director of Financial Aid
High school education (advanced coursework in business or secretarial science or business preferred); two years related work experience; strong math aptitude; attention to detail; proficient in MS Office software; excellent customer service skills; effective communication and organizational skills. Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule including evenings and Saturdays.
Perform a variety of clerical and data entry functions in support of the Financial Aid Office; respond to e-mail and telephone inquiries; handle receipt and distribution of mail; administer bulk mailings.
- Coordinate/process student traffic with an emphasis on certain high volume periods of time for tasks such as, but not limited to: answering telephones, screening calls, taking messages, retrieving student files and locating information pertaining to inquiries.
- Perform data entry functions for the Financial Aid Office. Enter receipt of documents and other information into the on-line computer system, and perform award notification procedures.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of information, respond to student inquiries, provide forms as requested, and refer students to the appropriate University office for assistance.
- Research and prioritize documents that need immediate attention and submit to appropriate staff person. Examples include OVR forms, NEED forms, outside scholarship requests and PHEAA notifications and more.
- Type/Print letters, documents, contracts, and envelopes, as needed.
- Open, sort, log-in, and distribute mail.
- Maintain the email@example.com mailbox, including answering requests, redirecting e-mails to the appropriate staff member within the University and mailing requested documents.
- Make copies as needed and send faxes as requested.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Maintain confidentiality of student information to ensure FERPA and federal & state compliance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SECRETARY I - FINANCIAL AID - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.