POSITION: SECRETARY III (SEIU, Local 32BJ)
DEPARTMENT: Physical Plant
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations & Director of Construction
Associate’s degree or equivalent college credits, technical school training in secretarial and/or computer background or equivalent experience. Must be able to type 50 WPM minimum. Proficiency in Windows Operating Systems with expertise in Microsoft Office products including Word, Outlook and Excel required. Experience in operations related to facilities (preferred).
Perform a variety of clerical and secretarial duties in support of the Physical Plant Department; responsibilities require a thorough knowledge of department services and functions; administer and make decisions regarding the work order dispatch systems.
- Coordinate communication with Physical Plant personnel for priority and emergency repairs and emergency situations.
- Prepare monthly reports for department including inter-office billing.
- Process and dispatch work orders, production reports, and attends meetings as required. Also, train personnel with regard to the Work Order System.
- Prioritize and achieve job duties and assignments.
- Maintain key inventory; order keys and key signature cards for faculty and staff.
- Maintain Physical Plant logs and Spread Sheets for a variety of databases.
- Process and Budget Code departmental invoices and submit to Business Office.
- Prepare check request forms and purchase requisitions.
- Open, sort and distribute departmental mail.
- Maintain supplies, printed materials and requests for the Physical Plant Department.
- Answer telephones, take messages, respond to general inquiries, and serve as liaison between Physical Plant personnel and university community.
- Schedule appointments, arrange meetings and training seminars for department Directors.
- Create correspondence, memos, supply requisitions, proposals, spreadsheets, etc.
- Maintain filing systems, including confidential information.
- Create and maintain various forms for the department.
- Supervise work-study students. Manage assignments and assign projects.
- Prioritize, prepare and administer work schedules for the department (work independently or in consultation with the Director of Construction Services and Director of Operations and Supervisors as appropriate).
- Update Physical Plant contact files monthly.
- Maintain a computerized Work Order Tracking System, Quarterly Reports, and assist in the coordination of the program. Process and generate electronic reports as requested.
- Assist in implementing and coordinating training classes; prepare, order and distribute training material as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SECRETARY III - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.